maybelline dream mousse concealer



shade: porcelain ivory (light 0-1)
overall rating: 6/10
i got this last month, the drugstore in my area said this was being discontinued (i guess they'll be replacing it with the new Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse line) and i heard good stuff about it so i thought i'd give it a try. I've only used it a few times and you can see that i've made a huge dent in it already! i've been afraid to use it because it disappears so quickly! the jar seems big enough but the layer of product in it is quite thin. I also don't use it often because its a bit too dark for me, this was the lightest shade my drugstore carried (they only had 6 shades but the website shows 16 shades), on the maybelline website it shows a shade before this one , light ivory (0) but it doesn't look really look lighter but has a brighter tone. it looks like the shades with even numbers are for warm skin tones and the odd numbers are for cool skin tones.

the consistency of the product is really soft, it picks up in lumps and you can see some of the air bubbles from being whipped(i've been applying this with my finger)and it spreads smoothly and feels kind of creamy but dry. It starts to get cakey as you try to build coverage, it drys matte so too much makes it look very powdery and it accentuated lines under my eye i didn't even know i had. As for blemishes it covers redness ok but it sort of bunches up around the zit and makes it look more apparent. Also, jar packaging isn't very sanitary so i would recommend this to go around break outs because it would probably just add more bacteria. so far this is my impression of it. its definitely not an HG for me, there's no spf and its not light enough to brighten up my under eyes but i'm still glad i tried it out.


year of the bunny
on another note, it's chinese new years today!
its the year of the rabbit this year, my parents are both rabbits and are turning 48.
people that are born in the year of the rabbit are thought to be calm, gentle, thoughtful and persistent.
(erm, calm and gentle, my parents? no way. but persistent? my mom? definitely)

famous rabbits
Albert Einstein, Leon Trotsky, Frank Sinatra, Pope Benedict XVI, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt (he's the same age as my parents!),Johnny Depp and David Beckham.


happy chinese new year everyone ~  eat lots! 

8 comments :

ChocoDisco said...

Happy new year darling!
i like the new header =)

makeupbykatie said...

Great review! The mousse consistency looks interesting!

Merel ♥ said...

Nice review!
x http://merlemoustache.blogspot.com/

Sasmita said...

Not yet used this... but i'll do it soon!
Ya, it's a bunny year, and I sport one bunny theme nail-art too in my blog :)

Rossella said...

love this review

let me know your thoughts on my new blog entry and follow me at:

My Couture Diaries
My Couture Diaries
My Couture Diaries

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about trying this one. Now that I've read your review, I don't think i'll be purchasing. lol you have a pretty blog : ) i'm following!

SophisticatedGlam said...

I'm year of the rabbit too. And it's nice that the actors that i really love like Johny Depp, Brangelina and those other ppl thats been mentioned are very well known ppl. ^__^

SophisticatedGlam said...

I'm year of the rabbit too. And it's nice that the actors that i really love like Johny Depp, Brangelina and those other ppl thats been mentioned are very well known ppl. ^__^