Biotherm biopur pore reducer

biotherm0biotherm2

This is a moisturizer I’ve finished recently and have put off reviewing for a while because my opinion on skin care products takes a while to develop. At first I’m excited to try it out and it seems amazing but if I still like it by the time the bottle is empty, then I know its a great product. If I remember correctly I believe this was $45 for 50ml, I got some samples of other Biotherm creams with it. 

It claims to  “refining the skin's texture”, tighten pores and keep the skin matte with PORE INSIDE™ technology and ingredients such as a natural soap, astringent Copper, oil-regulating Zinc, and mattifying Starch. They instruct to use this as a day and night moisturizer and it contains no SPF.

biotherm4

The ingredient list on the website isn’t complete so here is the list of everything that’s in it.

biotherm3

Generally this cream was OK, it’s lightweight enough that I could layer sunscreen (Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen) and foundation on top of it and it didn’t make my face shiny (although my face’s natural oil will make it shiny in a few hours) but the fancy technology and ingredients it claims to have didn’t do much better than Neutrogena’s Oil Free Fresh Moisture Moisturizer. No “oil regulation”, no smaller looking pores. For $45 it contains a lot of the same ingredients that $10 drugstore moisturizers have such as, salicylic acid, glycerin, aqua (water – as its first ingredient), sodium hydroxide, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, fragrance (it had a light scent)  and witch hazel. The ingredients are similar and the effects are similar. It does have better packaging, the pump dispenser is great and its in a glass bottle.

biotherm1

In all, a nice moisturizer, not a fantastic one, but not one that I want to get more of now that the bottle’s empty. I’ll be looking for moisturizer with more antioxidants next. 

11 comments :

Unknown said...

Wow, this moisturizer looks really luxe! $45 is pretty expensive but you get a pretty decent amount. Biotherm usually has pretty trusty products and I never get bad reactions to it on my skin :)

Despina T. said...

the truth is it's expensive but it wouldn't seem so if the results were much better than those of the 10$ products.i believe you are right!!!great post dear.

fotofacefashions -fff. said...

For fashion Lovers:
http://fotoface-fashion.blogspot.com/
Love the blog!
please comment and follow!
xxx thanks!

Kim said...

the packaging look classy somehow. hehe... I want to try it too^^

Adriana said...

I need a new moisturizer :/
Great review by the way!
http://thelittlepetite.blogspot.com/

Desiree Wanders said...

Nice blog!

Following each other on GFC?

Love

keschen said...

i have been trying to look for a good moisturizer.. this looks good, maybe i'll try this one. great review :)

follow each other?
http://raindropsofred.blogspot.com/

xoxo

amy said...

I like biotherm- my momma always uses it.. so i borrow it.. but it's so expensive, and i've never seen huge benefits for my skin

Thanks for reviewing! Blogs like yours make me filled by information and happy thoughts ^.^

sweetness xx
hope to hear from you*!
amyflyingakite.com

Anonymous said...

The range has been extremely popular over here But it's a pink one. Not blue as you have posted.
Good review!

αвву M. said...

Hmm.. i might try this one!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the tip!!!
please visit my blog and follow if you like
http://www.theivenothingtowearcloset.com/