gold

In the house I grew up in, my room in the basement, the hours turning into years we spent.
Remember Chris in the backyard, laughing so damn hard and no one knew why.

But the rest if forgotten behind me.
Sometimes it reminds me of when we, we used to belong here.

Every memory comes on when I hear that old song that we used to sing with the words all wrong.
I remember the faces and familiar places.
And I sing along, but Acadia is gone.

Ran out of gas on the highway, we walked there and I gave drunken speeches on the sobriety.
Now we've all moved away and somehow became men, but I remember where it began.

Forgotten behind me.
Sometimes it reminds me of when we, we used to belong here.

Every memory comes on when I hear that old song that we used to sing with the words all wrong.
I remember the faces and familiar places.
And I sing along, but Acadia is gone

Oh, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. whoa, whoa, oh-e-oh, ah, ah.

Remember when 1712 Acadia road fell and they tore the house down.

Every memory comes on when I hear that old song that we used to sing with the words all wrong.
I remember the faces and familiar places.
And I sing along, but Acadia is gone.

Remember, behind me.
Sometimes it reminds me (Acadia is gone.)
Remember, behind me.
Sometimes it reminds me (In the house I grew up in.)
Remember, behind me (Remember the faces.)
Sometimes it reminds me (Somehow we became men.)
Remember, behind me.
Sometimes it reminds me (We used to belong here.)
Acadia is, Acadia is gone.
Acadia - Mariana Trench


i am in complete utter exhaustion, the end of term panic has reached me again and i become more of myself then i have been for so long. 2010 has already become everything i've hoped for. i'm not living as i did in 2009, and i've returned to who i am at my best. this weekend was once again spent downtown (instead of studying like a good girl) celebrating the last of the Olympics, a proper follow-up post is on the way, i have never been more proud of being a canadian. i must say before the games came here to vancouver, i really didn't consider myself "canadian". vancouver is so much like the US, except we have great bands like Faber Drive, Mariana Trench and hedley which do not sell their albums internationally, and is filled with so much east asian culture it was considered a "canadian city" only in name to me. but now, its canada all the way! i was so sad when i realized that they really were ending but the closing ceremonies gave an amazing proper farewell that left me with hope instead of sadness. our athletes won 14 gold metals, the most in the history of the winter olympics, through hard work and ambition. the future, which seemed so scary to me, then became more hopeful. it made me believe that hard work will create success, and that it is possible to achieve and become what i want to be. these were more then games to the people who were playing them and to the spectators that watched them. and all of it, happened within 10km of me, in the city i've grown up in. in the city i'm growning in now.

No comments :